Contributing to SimpleStore¶
Uber welcomes contributions of all kinds and sizes. This includes everything from from simple bug reports to large features.
We love GitHub issues!
For small feature requests, an issue first proposing it for discussion or demo implementation in a PR suffice.
For big features, please open an issue so that we can agree on the direction, and hopefully avoid investing a lot of time on a feature that might need reworking.
Small pull requests for things like typos, bug fixes, etc are always welcome.
DOs and DON’Ts¶
- DO follow our coding style
- DO include tests when adding new features. When fixing bugs, start with adding a test that highlights how the current behavior is broken.
DO keep the discussions focused. When a new or related topic comes up it’s often better to create new issue than to side track the discussion.
DON’T submit PRs that alter licensing related files or headers. If you believe there’s a problem with them, file an issue and we’ll be happy to discuss it.
- We allow anyone to participate in our projects. Tasks can be carried out by anyone that demonstrates the capability to complete them
- Always be respectful of one another. Assume the best in others and act with empathy at all times
- Collaborate closely with individuals maintaining the project or experienced users. Getting ideas out in the open and seeing a proposal before it’s a pull request helps reduce redundancy and ensures we’re all connected to the decision making process